Saturday, May 31, 2014

Book Review: Light by Michael Grant


(Gone Series Book 6)
BLURB

It's been over a year since all the adults disappeared. Gone.
In the time since every person over the age of fourteen disappeared from the town of Perdido Beach, California, countless battles have been fought: battles against hunger and lies and plague, and epic battles of good against evil. Light, Michael Grant's sixth and final book in the New York Times bestselling Gone series creates a masterful, arresting conclusion to life in the FAYZ.
And now, the gaiaphage has been reborn as Diana's malicious mutant daughter, Gaia. Gaia is endlessly hungry for destruction. She yearns to conquer her nemesis, Little Pete, and then bend the entire world to her warped will. As long-standing enemies become allies, secrets are revealed and unexpected sacrifices are made. Will their attempts to save themselves and one another matter in the end, or will the kids of Perdido Beach perish in this final power struggle?


5 STARS

My Review

The end has come. After six installments the Gone Series is finished. And what an end it was. Exciting. Heart breaking. Amazing. With the Darkness ensconced in it's human body, the days of the FAYZ were bound to come to an end one way or the other. The final battle was incredible and the actions of some of the characters surprising. There was a great deal of death, some of which made me want to cry. But when it was all over there were uplifting moments too. Moments that made me want to cheer.


Even though I think the series could have been better served if Fear and Light had been combined together as one book, I must say that Light was an excellent ending to this beautiful, terrible, roller coaster ride of a series. I will certainly be looking forward to reading more of Michael Grant's books. If they're even half as good as the Gone Series I know I will love them.


Amazon






2 comments:

  1. Just found this review on Kyra Dune's google page and this book looks wonderful! Added to my Amazon wish list when I need to start a new series. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Glad I could help you find a new book to read and hopefully love. I really enjoyed the series very much.

      Delete