Friday, February 9, 2018

New York by JC Andrijeski

23570368


BLURB: Allie calls it her New York jinx. Already she’s had to deal with her boyfriend’s obnoxious band groupies, a stalker leaving cryptic notes, having to watch a seer get tasered. She also keeps running into this weird cop who’s got some kind of issue with her. But when she’s targeted by a religious cult for an end of the world ritual, her visit goes from annoying to quite probably fatal.

3 STARS


My Review: I found this story to be okay. I really like Andrijeski's writing style and the characters in this world, but I didn't love the book like I loved Rook. I suspect I would have enjoyed this more had I read it before Rook, since it's a prequel, and my brain likes things to be linear. This felt a little unnecessary, as it didn't really add anything to the story in my opinion. Still, it's not a bad read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment