Monday, August 31, 2015

Book Review: Storm Bride by J.S. Bangs


5 STARS

This book is amazing. Beautifully written scenes that will haunt you, complex characters who feel like real people, sweeping drama, and plenty of moments to leave you holding your breath wondering what will happen next. I finished this book much faster than I anticipated because I did not want to put it down. This is an incredibly powerful story that had me moved to tears more than once. 

I felt so much for the characters. Even though I wanted to hate Keshlik, I couldn't. What he led his people to do was wrong, and yet I felt for their pain as much as for the pain of the people they attacked. Seeing both sides of war from the viewpoint of real people makes this story come alive in a special kind of way. And by real people, I mean characters who are many layered and nuanced, each with a rich backstory and characteristics that set them apart from each other. 

The ending of this story is filled with heartbreak and sorrow, but also joy and peace. It's a beautiful ending to an incredible piece of work. This is fantasy done at its best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment