Thursday, January 23, 2014

Book Review: Haven by D.C Akers






BLURB

Sam Dalcome thinks he is so completely average that no one ever notices him. Until he discovers a mysterious stranger outside his home. Bewildered, he tries to uncover the stranger's intentions. But Sam is sidetracked when he and his friend Travis discover a secret passageway deep in the town's quarry that leads to a hidden cavern. What they uncover next will not only change their lives forever, but will uncover the first clue to a deadly Dalcome family secret. Sam finds himself drawn into a world of mystery and magic he never knew existed, which brings him closer to a destiny he never knew was possible.
2 STARS

My Review

I'm not really sure what to say about this book. It had some interesting moments, especially toward the end, but I just couldn't get into it. It was pretty short, which doesn't bother me usually, but it ended right when things were kind of picking up story wise. Mostly I found the book rather dull and I didn't care much for the characters. I won't be buying the next book in the series.




AMAZON

http://www.amazon.com/Haven-Stranger-fantasy-Fantasy-Paranormal-ebook/dp/B00CR4IR7A/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1390511108&sr=1-1&keywords=haven+a+stranger+magic+d+c+akers

No comments:

Post a Comment