Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Book Review: Dragon Wing by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman


I loved the universe of this book. I thought it a very unique and fascinating fantasy world. There are surprises and new truths to learn about the characters at every turn, and the characters themselves are interesting and complex. Other than Sinistrad, it's really hard to say who is a 'bad guy' or a 'good guy'. The story is interesting and engaging.

 

However, I could have done without the prologue. I would have much rather learned the truth about Haplo gradually, as with the rest of the characters. And I didn't need the footnotes to explain the made up words. If you're going to put made up words in your book then you should make sure their definition is made clear by the context. Footnotes in fiction are distracting and take away from the story.

 

All in all, I really enjoyed this book. In my opinion, when it comes to classic fantasy tales nobody does it as well as Weis and Hickman. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment