Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Book Review: Witch & Wizard by James Patterson


Siblings Whit and Whisty find their lives turned upside down when a new government takes over and they're arrested for being a witch and a wizard.

This book has its moments, like when Whisty bursts into flames or when the kids are stuck in a van in a subway tunnel and the train is coming, that are pretty cool. But the fact that the siblings had no idea they had magical powers and then they just appear all of sudden when the soldiers come to arrest them really bothered me. I mean, I can get a story where a character receives their powers on a certain birthday or something like that, but the way it was handled in this book just didn't make any sense to me. Also, I hated the main villain. And I don't mean in the good way where you love to hate the villain, I mean that he annoyed me. In fact, all the bad guys are just kind of blah.

I don't know if I want to read the rest of the books in series. I mean, I feel like I don't really care what's going to happen. But the book does have its good points, so maybe I will buy the other books when they're cheaper. I'm sure not going to pay ten dollars for them like I did this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment