Monday, March 12, 2018

Crashing Paradise by Christopher Golden

536527


BLURB: The Legion of Doom is hell-bent on breaking into Eden, hidden in another dimension, and they've got the perfect captive to help them: Eve, mother of all humanity - and all vampires. Only Doyle and the Menagerie can stop them from turning a blessed garden into a cursed wasteland.

But they may already be too late. The gates to Eden have been breached, and the forces of evil are after all the power they can get from the Tree of Knowledge. Can a heartsick Eve and a badly outnumbered band of supernatural beings take back this most sacred place? Or will Eden truly become a paradise lost?

3 STARS


MY REVIEW: I found this to be a pretty decent read. Nice cast of diverse characters who are definitely not your general definition of 'hero'. Fast paced story. Plenty of background information woven in without being info dumpy. I got a real sense of who these people were and what drove them. I bought this as a paperback and didn't realize it was a #4 of a series I'd never read. I think my enjoyment of the story might have been greater if I had read the first three books. Much of the story depends upon the reader having some familiarity with the characters and their relationships. Still, even if you haven't read the other books, there's enough here to enjoy the story as is.



No comments:

Post a Comment