Monday, September 1, 2014

Book Review: Dirty Blood by Heather Hildenbrand

(Dirty Blood Book One)

BLURB


I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.

Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And two, I was born to kill them.

4 STARS

My Review



So far as Tara knows, she's a typical teenage girl. Until one night in a dark alley, when she's attacked by a creature straight out of legend. Instinct takes over and before she knows it she's standing over a dead body. From this point on, everything changes as she's swept up in a war beyond anything she could have ever imagined.

Dirty Blood starts of with pulse pounding action from the very first chapter and never slows down. My only complaint is that I would have preferred to have a chapter or two of Tara's normal life before everything was turned upside down. I think I would have felt more for her situation if I could have seen what her life was like before.

Aside from that, this is an excellent book. The characters are interesting, the story is engaging, and there's a nice mixture of action and romance. Tara and Wes have great chemistry and even though he does have to play white knight a few times, Tara is pretty good at taking care of herself. This girl is no pushover. She does some stupid stuff to get herself in trouble, but she's only seventeen and her behavior reflects her personality perfectly.

I enjoyed this book very much and I'm eager to see what happens next in the series.

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment