Saturday, September 7, 2013

Book Review: Night Chills by Dean Koontz

Blurb: Designed by top scientists and unleashed in a monstrous conspiracy, night chills are seizing the men and women of Black River--driving them to acts of rape and murder. The nightmare is real. And death is the only cure…

I give it 1 star

My Review:

I was very disappointed by this book because I usually really like Dean Koontz. Night Chills started out okay in the first couple of chapters, but after that it went downhill. To begin with, the second half of the blurb is bogus. Except for in one instance, the people in Black River don't really do anything much at all. And after those first few chapters, the biggest chunk of the book is dedicated to an in-depth explanation on how subliminal messaging works.

Most of the time when I write a review, I try hard to put positive comments along with negative ones  no matter how much I dislike a book, but I have no positive comments for this one. I didn't care about the characters, the writing was flat, and I was completely bored.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Night-Chills-ebook/dp/B002TZ3C3Q/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1378556663&sr=1-1&keywords=night+chills+by+dean+koontz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment