Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Book Review: Mists Of Everness by John C. Wright

The minions of darkness are rising to overthrow the earth and the forces of light must gather to defeat them.

The first thing I should say about this book is that I couldn't finish it, which is a rare thing for me. I waded more than halfway through and then just gave up. The premise of this book, an epic battle between good and evil, appealed to me. And I liked the idea that all world myths are true.  But the execution was way off. The characters are completely drowned out by the deluge of mythical beings that the reader is constantly bombarded with. Non stop action is not something I would normally complain about and some of the battle scenes are very cool. But the book as a whole was simply overdone in my opinion. When a main character stands on the brink of death I want to be on the edge of my seat, biting my lip and pulling for them to make it. When one of the main characters in this book was in that position I felt nothing. I didn't care. That's when I had to put the book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment