Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Book Review: Silver by Cheree Alsop


(The Silver Series: Book One)


BLURB


Silver, book one of The Silver Series, is a coming of age story about a teenage werewolf whose father is murdered. He has to come to terms with his new life, new school, and new friends while trying to stop a killer. Attempting to make peace with the territory’s pack and falling in love make his new situation even more perilous.


3 STARS

My Review


Silver deals with a lot of heavy issues faced by the young protagonist, Jaze. This story is told from Jaze's perspective and has a very solid voice. The supporting characters are fully fleshed out and interesting. I'm not a big werewolf fan, but I picked this one up for free and was happy I did.


There is plenty of action and tension in this book, although some of the situations are resolved in what seems to me a rather quick fashion. However, the fights scenes are well done and exciting. Emotional scenes are also handled well. I like Jaze a lot, he feels like a real person. His romantic life is very sweet and not without some external tension of its own. But it's not the main plot of the book and I appreciate that.


All in all, this is a good read I would happily recommend to any fans of YA paranormal. I've already picked up the sequel and I look forward to reading it.


Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment