Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Book Review: Bound By Blood by Heather Dowell


Blurb

Oli believes he is doomed to a life of responsibility and back-breaking labor, until he stumbles upon an opportunity that will improve his life and the lives of his family. Leaving his family behind to go to Malta won't be easy, but when he meets Rain, everything seems to fall right into place.


Nattily/Rain has always been privileged, but that doesn't mean her life has been easy. Though her dad is a famous actor and she has everything she could ever wish for, she feels disconnected. Angelic, her once best friend, has made it her life long mission to bring misery to her life. Rain has always stood by and let it all happen, but when she meets Oli, everything changes.

Follow Oli and Rain on their journey to self-discovery and true love.


3 STARS

My Review

Bound By Blood is not the sort of thing I usually read, but I liked it okay. The characters really stood out and I enjoyed reading the story from both Rain and Oli's point of views. The narrative flowed naturally and was well written. My only complaint is that the book seemed to me to end earlier than it needed to. I don't have a problem with series books ending in cliffhangers, but I don't understand the reasoning for Bound By Blood to have ended where it did. 

Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment