Saturday, August 1, 2020

Books I Read In July

7801488

3 STARS

Review: I couldn't really get into this much. Part of it is, everything felt too rushed. Nothing seemed fully fleshed out to me. I wasn't feeling the characters or the motivations behind the things they did. I love gray characters and I feel like the author was going for that with Harruq, but I just wasn't buying it. I wasn't shown enough. Everything just felt flat. I have the next two books in the series already, so I'll read the next one and see if it gets more interesting.



8156129

3 STARS 

Review: This book was definitely better than the first one. There was time to get to know the characters and the story held more interest for me because it was more oriented around them. It still had some problems, but I'm interested enough to read the next book.



8472514

4 STARS 

This book is drenched in blood and I loved every second of it. The battle at the end especially, with the sword fights and all the different monsters and the magic, it's just great. Exactly the right amount of detail without overdoing it. Excellent pacing. Just all around an exciting read. There were some new characters kind of thrown in there that felt a little jarring and misplaced, but other than that I really enjoyed this book. I found it to be much better than the first two. I'm really looking forward to reading the next one. 



9491580

5 STARS

Review: These books just get better and better. This one had me in tears. I'm really enjoying following the characters and the story, though I'm not sure how it's going to press on for four more books. Still, I'm really glad I don't have to wait to read the next in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment