Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Book Review: Prisoner Of The Horned Helmet by Frank Frazetta and James Silke


The Kitzaak Horde is overtaking and devouring all the land they come across. When they reach the lands of forest dwelling barbarians the never defeated army seems assured of victory. Only one man, Gath of Baal, has any hope of stopping them. With the help of a magical helmet belonging to the Master of Darkness, Gath becomes the Death Dealer, an unstoppable demon with a thirst for blood. But the helmet extracts a price for its service; one that may cost Gath his life.

 At first, it was a little hard for me to get into this book because there wasn't a clearly defined main character. It's a big story and requires a number of varied viewpoints to tell. But once Gath and Robin Lakehair, and old Brown John get into the picture the story is rolling along nicely. I liked the characters once I got a chance to know them.  There's plenty of action in the book and a little romance. I like the voice of the story, although I did have to roll my eyes a little at the way the two main female characters, Robin and Cobra, were described.

I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading the next one in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment