Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Book Review: Phytosphere by Scott Mackay

This book was a little heavy on the science for my taste. It does get right into the main problem from the start, but it's a little slow on the action. There are three viewpoint characters, two of which are scientists. The third is the wife of one of the scientists and it's her viewpoint I liked best, because she was an ordinary woman trying to protect her kids.
There was a point where I considered not finishing the book because I got so bored, but I muddeled through and eventually there was some good action and even a few scenes that made me tear up, which is always a plus.
The writing was fine, the plot was well paced, and the characters were both believable and three dimensional, but all in all this book simply wasn't to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment